Monday, June 30, 2008

Coming to drive thru near you...

This weekend I came up with a new product that I think is going to be huge a hit. They're called Mom Freezes, Mom Freezes are adult flavored slushees (icies, whatever you want to call them). and they come in two varieties - Caffeine Junkie (coffee with half and half and Splenda), and White Wino (white wine). And, no, these drinks are not variations on daiquiris or frozen margheritas.

The difference between Mom Freezes and other beverages is they are made from the beverage specified, only they've been put in the freezer for short periods of time until ice crystals just begin to form. Our coffee variety was invented when I was interrupted while drinking my iced coffee and stuck it in the freezer to nurse the baby lest it melt and I had to kiss my two dollar coffee buh-bye. Upon my return to the freezer I was greeted with a lovely beverage with a slushy consistency. This drink is superior to the Starbucks Frappuccino because when the frozen coffee crystals melt you aren't left with watered down coffee and itt doesn't have all the calories and sugar with the caffeine kick of regular coffee. That, and we don't require you to use a foreign language to order it. Caffeine Junkie comes in three sizes, They Were Up at Six AM, Stomach Flu and Colicky Baby (small, medium and large respectively).

Our white wine variety was created when Hubby returned from the grocery store with warm white wine. Having only one glass left in the bottle I was currently drinking (emergency!), I stashed the new bottle in the freezer to expedite the chilling process. Forty minutes, and a one-glass buzz later, I realized the bottle was still in the deep freeze and rescued it before it exploded. When the new bottle was opened a mostly wine, but part slushee poured into my glass. It was wonderful. Since I like to drink my wine just this side of freezing it remained at a nice temperature for quite a while. This variety comes in three sizes as well, Weeknight, Saturday Night and The Kids are at Grandma's.

I'm thinking of opening a small kiosk-type establishment. Of course, drive through is available for Caffeine Junkie and since, for safety purposes we can't serve mothers actually driving, delivery of White Wino is available twenty-four seven. Maybe it'll be like In and Out Burger in California - a very limited selection that people rave about. Or Ben and Jerry's! Minus the tie-dye, of course. Our T-shirts will be bedazzled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best inventions happen by accident. Love the names of the sizes. Classic.