Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dear Mommy...


"DEAR MOMMY, I HAVE PICKED FLOWERS FOR YOU."

Couldn't you just die? Pictured above is the first-ever note my oldest left for me Sunday morning. She and her sister were outside with Hubby doing yard work while I was working out. I came upstairs to find this and bunch of dandelions on the kitchen counter left right where I would see it when I came to get some water. The real killer is she did it all by herself. Hubby didn't even notice she had come in the house (safety first!). I can just imagine her rooting around trying to find a pen and paper. And I get a little misty imagining her sounding out each word with no help. I will pull this out when I find another note twelve years from now reading, "Dear Mom, I took the car. Back whenever."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD. it hurts! it hurts! i feel like rainbows and lollipops are going to explode out of my chest!

molly is so amazing. love the fast forward to the note when she is a teenager. HEE!

Suburban prep said...

What a lovely note to you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's more priceless: M's note or K's response with lollipops and rainbows.

I guess M's note wins. ;-)

Seriously, though, I can imagine nothing beats being a parent when you have moments like that. Thanks for sharing.