Tuesday, June 24, 2008

School's out for summa'!

This e-mail is to inform you, dear readers, that there will be a slight alteration in the frequency of posts here at Mean Mommy. School is out for the summer and that means all three of my offspring are all mine from the moment they wake with the birds (I am not kidding) to the moment I threaten their lives should they open the bedroom door after it's final closing. Robbed of my daily two hour respite, I am relegated to writing while the older two are shut in their room having their "quiet time" (read: time to repeatedly come out of the room until Mommy, driven to the brink of insanity, relents and allows you to come out rather than have you wake the baby who is actually sleeping with the repeated slamming of the bedroom door) and after dinner which is time usually reserved for bad reality TV (The Bachelorette 4!). So rather turn this into one of those insipid stream-of-consciousness Mommy blogs I will have to ratchet back. Never fear, I will, of course, be keeping up with The Friday Top 5.

So Happy Summer to you all! Let's hope I can survive until September....

2 comments:

adamkeeble said...

So say we all. Let's all survive until September. I came very close to turning in my badge this morning. I don't want to go into details because that would mean reliving the adventure. I'm this close [ ] to admitting I've had enough already, one month into the summer.

Anonymous said...

I'll miss my daily dose of humor from Mean Mommy, but definitely understand the need to cut back. You could always write a post noting each door slam and "Mommy, can I come out yet." That would be humorous to everyone but you of course. Good luck!