Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh, what a night

I'm sneaking in a post today since it's Mother's Day and hubby has taken the kids to his mom's to start prepping dinner and give me some time to make out with my hangover. Oh yes, I am the epitome of great class and am spending my Mother's Day drinking coffee by the gallon and remembering why I don't do shots anymore. Needless to say the price I am paying today is the cost for the incredible night I had last night out with my sista-soul Sasha and my homegirl Candi. We went to a ridiculous eighties bar in the city where Sasha and I were ten years older than everyone, got hit on by the bartender because we were the only women he wouldn't get arrested for touching and got way too drunk while Sasha and I played matchmaker for all the cute twenty five year old girls there too shy to talk to the gaggles of stupid-but-cute-wannabe-traders who were too dumb to realize they were surrounded by women way out of their league in the brains and class department and stood around in that circle jerk guys do at bars. We bought rounds of shots for bachelorette parties, sang along to Total Eclipse of the Heart until we lost our voices and generally behaved like lunatics because we were just out to have the time of our lives.

I hope everyone else had a great Mother's Day, not involving large amounts of Tylenol and caffeine. I will be taking tomorrow off to put my house back together after hubby had the kids all weekend. He did a great job, but now I need to put everything back where it actually belongs.

Note to self: Woo Woo shots are part of your past for a reason.

No comments: