Friday, May 30, 2008

It's like Super Bowl Sunday, except with shoes

I am so excited this Friday I think I am going to have a seizure. Of course, unless you've been living under a rock, you know the Sex and the City movie comes out today and while I too am nauseated by the media overkill associated with it I can turn a blind eye since I love, love, love this show so very much. It makes me laugh to think I had absolutely no interest in this show when it first came out. "Why do I want to listen to thirty-something sluts talk dirty?" I asked Hubby when I read about SATC in Entertainment Weekly. I had no idea what I was missing and only began watching it on DVD right after the birth of daughter #1 during Hubby's two week paternity leave. I have been hooked ever since and had a ridiculously hormone-fueled crying jag, gigantically pregnant with daughter #2, after the series finale.

So of course this Friday's post has to involve the show, but rather than list my favorite episodes, of which there are too many to count, I prefer to list...

Top 5 Quotes from Sex and the City

5. Miranda: He has only one ball and I have a lazy ovary. In what world does that create a baby?…It's like the Special Olympics of conception!

Prejudiced by my love of Steve I jumped for joy when Miranda found herself accidentally pregnant with his baby hoping they'd get married, which they eventually did. And watching Steve go through the whole vulnerable "fake testicle" shopping debacle made me love him more.

2. Samantha : I'm sorry.
Miranda : Hey, no need to apologize. I wouldn't bring Brady here. Mommy needs two hands to eat her eight-dollar cake!
Charlotte : You're not going to defend children?
Miranda : No, I don't like any children but my own.

Oh, readers, you know from Thursday's post how I feel about little people in big people places and, also, about other people's kids. Right on, sister. Right on.

3. Miranda: I'm sorry, Steve, I'm an asshole.
Steve: Yeah you are. But you're my asshole.

I know, I know, enough with the Miranda and Steve already, but I would love this line no matter who spoke it because after ten years of marriage Hubby and I have both uttered something quite similar to the other more than once. Usually it's "But you're my dork." after one of us has done something truly ridiculous like sing along to Vanilla Ice. That's Hubby, not me. Really..I swear.

2. Samantha: “You men have no idea what we're dealing with down there. Teeth placement, and jaw stress, and suction, and gag reflex, and all the while bobbing up and down, moaning and trying to breathe through our noses. Easy? Honey, they don't call it a job for nothin'.”

DAD, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE!

This is the most accurate description of a blow job ever recorded and any woman who says she loves doing it is proven a liar by this tirade. Men everywhere should be forced to memorize this quote verbatim.

1. Carrie: Do I judge?
Stanford: We all judge. That's our hobby. Some people do arts and crafts; we judge.

Um, if you don't know why this is my number one then you obviously haven't read the rest of my blog where most of my writing sounds like I'm wearing long black robes as I'm doing it. Don't you judge me!

So Happy Friday to all. I'm such a loser I bought my SATC tickets on Tuesday for fear they'd sell out. I not only plan on sneaking champagne into the theater (love those mini Sofia cans!), but I will be wearing a dress and hella tight shoes to match. Word!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am counting down the days until our mom's night out at the SATC movie! Enjoy and work those shoes!

Anonymous said...

So, how was it???

Anonymous said...

ha! and you can't eveb BREATHER through you nose...

Mary said...

OK ladies, am drunk after mcu bubbly during movie, but it was FUCKING awesome! Charlotte, you rock my world and Steve, you are DEAD TO ME!