Tuesday, June 1, 2010

All the Married Ladies

(to the tune of Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies")

Now get your ass up...
Where is the sun? Just woke up,
Gotta do a million things,
Swear I gonna flip, H on a business trip,
Everything's up to me,
Kids to school, house to clean,
The baby needs attention,
Nearly brought to tears, home seven years,
What has this done to me?

Chorus:
Didn't know this when I let him put a ring on it,
Didn't know this when I let him put a ring on it,
Can't be mad 'cause it's 'xactly what i wanted,
Didn't know this when I let him put a ring on it.

Wo oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh (repeat twice)

Chapstick on my lips, baby on my hips,
Fightin' hard to stay out of mom jeans,
Hair tied up, coffee in my cup,
Barely have time to think,
No concentration, did I mention,
The baby needs attention?
"No, you had your turn."
"You have got to learn,
How to share and to play fairly."

Chorus

Ooohh...I used to be part of a bigger world...
Drinks out with the girls...
Got a weekly manicure..a pedicure...
Now my life makes me and takes me
To the brink of sanity, lucidity and beyond...
But a baby in my arms,
This is just want I want
Few more years, they'll be grown
But my brains, will they be gone?

All the married ladies..
All the married ladies...(x5)
Now get your ass up!

Woh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oho oh
Woh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

(Black and white video currently in production featuring Mean Mommy shuffling around a white backdrop in yoga pants and baseball hat, chasing a pantless toddler around in circles)

2 comments:

kk said...

i think you should know that the google add that accompanied this post in my inbox was "try the only social networking site for inspirational women!"

just proof that this post is awesome.

Arti said...

You are a lyrical genius. Thanks for dropping some science on all those sucka MCs.