Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You've got to be shitting me! - literally


Oh yes, dear readers, pictured left is a poo. I don't care if it's TMI, I can't be the only one to suffer tonight. As if my days are not long and hellish enough, after dragging my oldest to Girl Scouts, dropping #2 (no pun intended) at a playdate and taking Little Man to the doctor for his immunizations, I finally get all the offspring fed and almost ready for bed when my son decides to drop a Baby Ruth in the pool. Thank GOD the girls were watching Santa Claus is Comin' to Town for the four hundredth time or the ensuing shrieks and peals of laughter would have been audible from space. Never mind the colorful retelling I'm sure would happen during car pool tomotorrow morning.

So I have to pull the baby immediately out of the tub, strap a fresh diaper on him lest he follow his dump with a leak in a corner somewhere, while I drain the water, scrape out the poo and disinfect the tub so I can refill it, and wash the coating of his own filth from the baby's body all while keeping him locked in the bathroom with me as he screams for his now soiled tub toys which are soaking in bleach in the sink. I then return him to the tub with toys he finds far inferior, and he lets me know it, bathe him and finally get him in pajamas and off to bed.

Of course, OF FRIGGIN' COURSE, Hubby is delayed tonight by some important project at work.

This is my life? Seriously?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had that happen - twice! Both times, I needed to give my baby and "quick" bath, and both times I didn't get out of the bathroom in under an hour. I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

This is my worst fear, and, knock on wood, it hasn't happened... yet. Funny thing is, I would have taken a picture as well!

Sarah, Andy, Murdoch, and Deucey said...

That just happened to me on Saturday! Too funny.

S