Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Do I have big gal complex?

During my little mini-break this weekend I was able to watch several movies, one of them being The Holiday with Cameron Diaz (seriously, what is with her mouth?), Kate Winslet (love!), Jack Black (always hilarious) and Jude Law (sound of recored screeching to a halt). I'm sorry to admit this as a woman, but I just do not, and will not ever, get the appeal of Jude Law.

I know, I know, I should just turn in my ovaries right now since every woman on the planet is seemingly wild about this guy, but really, what's the deal? I do not claim to know him personally, but his demeanor, at least in films is kind of, well, gay. He's a little too groomed and non-threatening in his sexuality. In this I understand why thirteen year-old girls would dig him, but a grown woman? I don't want to date someone I'm afraid is going to use up all my under-eye cream. He also seems small and rodent-like, maybe because he's a little guy. He's short - at least in my book since I'm 5' 9" - Jude is only 5' 11" and he's a feather weight at 145lbs. I personally have a problem being attracted to a man who makes me feel like a big girl and whom I might crush to death should I accidentally roll over in bed. These physical stats, coupled with his above mentioned questionable sexual orientation, make him a bit of a wuss in my book.

And now that I stop and think about it Jude is just one member of the club. His fellow wiry-bodied-scruffy-facial-hair-sporting-skinny-jeans-wearing-not-overtly-masculine club members include Johnny Depp (I know, I must be the only one not into him), James McAvoy (that guy from Atonement), Tom Cruise (before he went coo-coo) and Leonardo Dicaprio. Again, maybe it's the fact that I'm a big gal, but these guys just aren't manly enough for me. Give me Russell Crowe (again before her went coo-coo with that phone business), Mel Gibson (wait, are they all coo-coo?) or Matt Damon. I need a leading man who I don't know for sure I can beat in an arm wrestling contest and who definitely couldn't borrow my jeans.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always felt that if a guy's jeans are smaller than his girlfriend's, there's trouble.

Anonymous said...

also that dude from x-men. what's his name? Hugh Jackman.

HOT!

Anonymous said...

I'm not into the whole sleeping with the nanny thing so no Jude Law for me either.
I dated a guy I could wrap my arms around twice and it was just odd. I'm a big guy girl too, particularly my strapping hubby. Oh, and Hugh Jackman-good call K.

Anonymous said...

"And now that I stop and think about it Jude is just one member of the club. His fellow wiry-bodied-scruffy-facial-hair-sporting-skinny-jeans-wearing-not-overtly-masculine club members include Johnny Depp (I know, I must be the only one not into him), James McAvoy (that guy from Atonement), Tom Cruise (before he went coo-coo) and Leonardo Dicaprio. Again, maybe it's the fact that I'm a big gal, but these guys just aren't manly enough for me. Give me Russell Crowe (again before her went coo-coo with that phone business), Mel Gibson (wait, are they all coo-coo?) or Matt Damon. I need a leading man who I don't know for sure I can beat in an arm wrestling contest and who definitely couldn't borrow my jeans."

it might be tastes or preferences...i'm not attracted to russell crowe and i can't stand matt damon...when i was younger i could never understand why girls like burt reynolds...he is still yuck in my book.

jude law is my kinda man. he is a rare gem indeed.

Anonymous said...

Matt Damon even outdid Jude Law in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Matt played the weird psycho and he was still hotter than Jude Law! I don't think its height - (being married to a shorty myself) I think its that they look like they haven't gone thru puberty!
Sasha