Monday, August 25, 2008

The hits just keep on comin"


I am breaking my own rule, dear readers, and posting a picture of one of my offspring*. Pictured with me, at left, is Little Man whose first birthday was yesterday. His party was Saturday (hence the headgear) and what a day it was. In addition to the fact that it was a beautiful summer day and lots of my favorite people were in one place at the same time, life decided to throw me a real boomerang in the motherhood department. First, Little Man gave up the bottle - I gave him his first sippy cup, rather than bottle, of milk - and he drank the whole thing in ten minutes. Next, Hubby blithely tosses over his shoulder on the way out the door, "I'm going to turn his car seat around, OK?" So when we get to the car to got to my in-law's for the party there's LM facing forward grinning at me like a big boy as if to say, "So this is where you disappear to when we get in here!", and I tear up.

Lastly, minutes before the party starts, #1 loses her first tooth. Sweet Jeebus! If #2 had decided to do, well #2, on the potty I might have died. Readers, this was too much for Mean Mommy to take. All of my babies are quickly becoming not-babies and while I was well aware that this was going to happen eventually I did not expect it all to happen in ONE DAY and I subsequently proceeded to medicate with large doses of champagne.

So Happy Birthday to Little Man. It's day I will remember for a long time. And relived several times yesterday wondering why I had such a bad headache.

*I assume no pedophiles will enjoy a picture of a fat baby's head especially with his mother literally looking over his shoulder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so big!!! And so cute! Happy Birthday M!
Isn't the car seat turn around crazy-it took Jackson three weeks to be able to fall asleep in the car again, and he never stops talking to me the entire time he's in the car now. He's almost 14 months and starting to really walk on his own and I can't believe I no longer have a baby but a toddler now. You know what this means...#2??? Dear lord!