Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A people-pleaser she is not...


I had to laugh out loud when I pulled this out of #2's backpack today after her half-day of kindergarten. This is the five year-old's equivalent of a "fuck you" if I've ever seen it. I can just see her picking up a pencil in her chubby hand and saying, "Pfft. Whatever. Why would I have a good week? I have to come here everyday. There is significantly less playdough and significantly more sitting. And have you people ever heard of a snack?* Don't even get me started on the lack of napping. So a good week? I don't think so."

While her brutal honesty can be a bit of a buzz-kill at times, you'll never be able to accuse her of being a kiss-ass, I guess.

*to be fair, they squeeze a lot into the half day and I find the lack of snack time ridiculous, but then again, my children have the eating habits of Hobbits and get cranky when they aren't fed every ninety minutes.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

If it would have been possible, my Kindergartener would have written, "Get me the F out of here." All Day K is a serious DRAG. I love 2's honesty. That rocks.

Anonymous said...

When I asked my #2 why he is so wild when he gets off the bus from kindergarten his exact words were:
"I feel like there is a little man inside of me and he's kept in jail all day long and I have to let him out!"
Cheers,
Sasha

Anonymous said...

LOL! Jackson feels the same way about his school. Not a fan, despite snack.

Anonymous said...

I love the circling of the "good" for clarity. This is a keeper!

Molly

Sarah, Andy, Murdoch, and Deucey said...

Love that! I wonder what she would say if her teacher asked if she had a case of the Mondays? :)

S